Provisional Logistics 2

葉っぱ天国 > 独り言・奇声 > スレ一覧 101- 201- 301-キーワード▼下へ
1:匿名:2021/07/13(火) 00:08

Hi

101:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/10/21(木) 05:19

If this situation continues for some time, we are in danger of having to resort to force before we can issue a statement of guilt. This means that we may have to present you with a dizzying monstrosity of pleasure in the name of the person who run this place.

102:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/10/21(木) 05:55

We call the methodical use of certain meanings, which are central to phenomenological clarification, formal pronouncements. Phenomena are seen in the light of, and in the direction of, the meanings in which formal pronouncements are embedded. What must be understood from the methodological reflection is why the formal statement, though it leads the reflection, still does not bring into the matter any pre-established view.

103:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/10/21(木) 05:58

In the conduct of this formally indicative question, theoretical and conceptual preconceptions and conventions inherited from some philosophical position, theoretically formed in some way in relation to the 'ego' or 'self', must not be active.

104:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/10/21(木) 06:17

Philosophy is basic and concrete, so it is not surprising that the masses, who hate the concrete and prefer the basic, are bewildered.

105:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/10/21(木) 16:04

Subtle and literally iconic. Love it.

106:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/10/21(木) 16:10

I'm very pleased to see majiko's update, but unfortunately it has only been about 7 hours since the last masturbation, so I cannot review it immediately. I will do it as soon as I recover.

107:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/10/22(金) 20:14

>>106 Sorry, this explanation is inadequate. I'll get on with it as soon as I'm feeling better physically and mentally.

108:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/10/24(日) 15:15

The more we seek freedom, the further away from it we get.

109:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/10/27(水) 00:18

Farting a lot feels good.

110:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/03(水) 04:25

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I think it's a good idea. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm sure it's a good idea. It's important to note that I don't normally eat beef, but I really want a thick steak. I'm sure you've heard of it, but I'm not sure if you've seen it or not. I think it was a 400g thigh, coated with sodium fondamate and salted to taste [music] Okay, 30 minutes on the timer, 30 minutes to let the flavors soak in, 30 minutes of service, 30 minutes of waiting while I eat my latest diet snack, my favorite baby cheese, with almonds, by the way. I think they are the best, but there are premium and normal black almonds. I don't know why my local supermarket sells them for 100 yen for four, but the premium ones have more stuff and are better, and I think they are almost sugar free, so I think they are great for dieting, and I eat a lot of them, but I don't know why I can't lose weight. I'm not sure what's wrong with my body, but it's a wonder the human body works the way it does. I'm sure you'll be able to find something that works for you. In the event that you have any questions regarding where by and how to use it, you can call us at the web site. I'm on a diet and I don't want to eat fat if I can help it. 2 [music] I bake it in the best oven in the water Invert for about 15 minutes at 150 degrees. I'm sure you'll be able to find something that works for you. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm sure it's a good idea. I'm sure you'll be able to find something to suit your needs. I'm sure you'll be able to find something that works for you. I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that I'm not the only one who has a problem with that. I'm sure you've heard of it, but I've never heard of it. I'm sure you'll be able to find something to suit your needs. I'm sure you'll be able to find something that works for you.

111:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/06(土) 08:29

The amount of information in the real world is the largest we know, but there are still technical challenges in searchability, verifiability and reliability.

112:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/08(月) 09:16

Take every possible measure to relieve your stress.

113:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/11(木) 08:39

Je me suis levé à huit heures.

114:匿名:2021/11/12(金) 05:39

However, I don't think my feeling of "dislike" should be something that I have to keep bottled up in my heart. And it is not good to explain the feeling by saying, "I don't like it because I don't like it," but it is necessary to think about why I don't like it in order.

115:匿名:2021/11/12(金) 21:20

I am sorrow

116:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/13(土) 13:05

Dear Nepi
If you are reading this letter, it means that I am no longer in this world line. I'm not sure if I understand the world line. It's not so difficult. It doesn't mean that I will disappear from this world, but it does mean that wherever you look in the world now, I will not be there. It just means that I'm somewhere else in a similar world.
It's been very hot lately, but it looks like the cooler weather of autumn is finally here in Japan. I hope you're not suffering from heat stroke. Take good care of yourself.
I'm thinking of starting something new these days. What do you think? Oh, it's not swimming. I've had enough of that. I'm going to keep a diary. Isn't that boring? No, not really. Keeping a diary is a very good thing. It's a good thing to keep a diary, because it allows you to write down the details that you forget more and more every day. You can look at them later and think about them. But it's not about regret. Write down what you did, what you thought, what other people did, what other people told you, what you can remember, from the most trivial to the most serious. Include things you might be embarrassed about later. The whole thing.
I'll show you a few things from today's diary.
Wednesday, 05 September 2018
It was a cool day today. But I'm writing this with the air-conditioner on. It seems I have a habit of turning on the air conditioner whenever it's even a little hot or humid. I'll work on that. I'm also reading a book. It's a book by Sumino Yoru, called "Somebody to Remember My Father By". It's more of a booklet than a book. I was wondering whether the girl on the right of the cover was a boy or a girl, but after reading it I've solved the mystery. It was short, but I enjoyed it a lot. Maybe I'm just a fan of the everyday. I got bored in the middle of the special dialogue, so I didn't finish it.
The evaluation of the original work was divided. I guess it depends on what you like. Do you like literature? The film was good as entertainment.
The film was good as entertainment. I'm not very good at empathising with people, so I'm not sure if those who are into it (if there are any) enjoyed it. I don't know what human emotion is. I don't know what human emotions are, I don't know if they exist or not. Maybe it's because I'm not confident in my ideas and knowledge. There are so many "maybes". Well, I can't help it. It's just like me.

I'm sure you'll get tired of reading this if it gets too long, so I'll leave it at that. I'll leave another letter for another time.

From me

117:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/13(土) 13:07

>>115 What's wrong?

118:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/16(火) 22:02

Drinking for psychological immune tolerance?

119:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/17(水) 09:34

Decide what you value, and thoroughly eliminate any entity that harms it, using the most humane methods possible if it is a person.

120:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/17(水) 09:37

I wish I had enough time to cover everything but I don't so I'm gonna pick out kind of the most important things and make sure I get to those right off the bat. So is it going? Okay, I the red light. I'm gonna ask you a question. I want you to think for a moment and tell me how long would you estimate the typical college freshman can read material in their book or in their notes and effectively be learning what they're reading. Okay. 5 minutes says Chris. 25 minutes. Hour. Now, let me ask, anybody think more then an hour? How long? By the way, I had a guy, last time I did this, he said I can do it about 6 hours. And I just (scoffs). Well then I found out he is a medical resident, just finished medical school, his wife was in my class and indeed, my daughter's 4th year med, oh yeah 4, 5 hours but that's not typical I can tell you, okay. Anybody less then 5 minutes? Okay. So we've got 5 to maybe 4 or 5 hours. A study was done, believe the University of Michigan, they asked students to do the following thing. When you're ready to study, you've got all your materials, you're back in your little dorm room or your place you live. Check your watch, start working, the moment you feel that sense of I've read it but it's not coming through, and it's like eh I'm wasting my time, we all get that feeling, note what time it is. Record that, bring it back. And they had many, many hundreds of freshman and sophomores do this and then somebody took the time to compile it. And typically, right about 25 to 30 minutes. By the way, it's also true of lectures and you've all proved it to yourself. You come in to a lecture, you're really alert, check the clock at about 25 after it's like...yeah. And I see it in every class I teach but how long do we teach? 50 minutes. And yet probably most of learning, if it's gonna happen, is in the first 25-30. Okay. I'm gonna talk about a person cause I also like to teach by anecdote. Woman named Janette. I was a junior at Western, she was a freshman, because I was a junior I could live off campus, those days, colleges where your parents had abstentia. She had to live in a dorm cause she didn't have a relative in town. We were dating. She got her first quarter at Western a D average, 1.0, 15 credits of D. She decided she really needed to buckle down, plus the school said if you don't make it up you're gonna be kicked out. So the second quarter of her freshman year, she set the following goal, to study for 6 hours a night, non-stop, 6-midnight, Sunday night through Thursday night. Friday, Saturday she could party, rest of the week she was gonna study. Now one would assume, my gosh going from little study to 6 hours a night, 5 nights of the week, she should've aced everything. Want to guess her grade point second quarter? 0.0, she failed every class. This is why telling people to study more is not necessarily help. In some cases it might actually worsen their performance. What I want to do is show you graphically what I'm talking about. Let's say this is efficient studying, and I know there are no numbers there but higher means more efficient, lower means low or no efficiency. And this axis we're looking at time. Here's what happens for the average student. For her, 6 o' clock in the evening, after her supper at the residency dining hall, she plopped herself down at her little study area and started studying. Here's what happened. By about 6:30, she was in a major slump. But what was her goal? To study 6 hours, so she continued to sit at her little desk and stare at pages until midnight. She was at her desk 6 hours. How long did she actually study? About 20, 30 minutes. Now, there's a simple conduct in psychology all of you are aware of, things that are reinforced we tend to do more of. Things that are punished or ignored, we tend to do less of, and we operate by those principles to a large degree. If you are sitting there for 6 hours, are you feeling good? No.

121:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/17(水) 09:39

Once you get here, you're looking at your book going I hate geography, I hate literature, I hate psychology, all the things we're trying to get you to fall in love with, you're hating it. And so her actual good studying was followed by 5 and a half hours of pain and misery. I would bet you, I don't know for a fact, that as the quarter progressed she sat down and finally she was done before she even started. She sat down and just stared at a book and she flunked every class. Now, had she taken this little seminar or had figured things out on her own, she'd know what to do. First rule, the moment you start to slide, you're shoveling against the tide. What you need to do is what? Take a break. Here's what's cool about it. You can study for a half hour. It doesn't take a half hour break to recharge your batteries. For most people about 5 minutes. This is where you go away, do something fun for 5 minutes. Call a friend, talk to a child, talk to a parent, a roommate, enjoy some music, do something you enjoy and actually say this is my treat for having studied for 30 minutes effectively. Go back, and here's what happens. Your efficiency is nearly 100%. Study a half hour, take a break, study a half hour. Had she done that over a course of 6 hours, she would have got about 5 and a half hours of serious studying and about a half hour of total break time. I really don't believe she would've flunked out. Now I get students complaining I don't have enough time to study. Look for a break at work. Look for a break at home. Those little 15-20 minutes can be very efficient if you apply them efficiently. Unfortunately, sometimes it's really tough to get those moments but you need to build them in somehow. You gotta have at least sometime to study. It's not gonna happen through osmosis. I'm gonna ask you a final question. Lets say you've studied till midnight, what do you want to do after your last study 20-30 minutes? No, not yet. You want to give yourself a big treat, okay. Whenever you're studying time is done, plan something special. Now for most women, especially with kids, it's a calgon bath with candles and the bathroom door locked and the statement if you bother me I will take your head off. This is where guys go "what?" Yeah, moms have no privacy, kids walk in while you're using the toilet, while you're in the tub, they'll bring their friends with them, won't they? Dads don't put up with that. When dads are in the bathroom it's lock the door, tough luck, go elsewhere. For you guys, I'll give you mine. This is politically incorrect. I liked beer, kay. My goal was to knock out all my studying, go to the Iron Bull Tavern in Bellingham, knock down a couple beers for my treat. Now my buddies they'd say Lobdell how're you getting straight A's? Well I'd studied starting about 3 in the afternoon. By 9 o' clock at night, when pitchers went on cheap, I'd done all my studying. I went and enjoyed my beer. These yahoos started drinking in the afternoon, then went to the tavern planning to go home and study. You know that's not gonna happen. You're not gonna study, and even if you do, what's called state dependent memory you'll typically only remember if you're intoxicated and I don't recommend getting drunk before a test. It's kind of a stupid thing. If you plan your day right, you can have those little study breaks but the coolest part is this. Because you're now reinforcing it with those little breaks and something fun, you extended. And you'll find you can go 30, 40, 50, an hour, an hour and a half. This is training. Those of you who go on to advanced degrees, you're gonna have to study incredible lengths of time without taking a break cause you've gotta get it done like my daughter in med school. Just amazing, I've told her I couldn't do it now, or actually I wouldn't do it. You're training yourself and if you do it right it becomes progressively easier, okay next question. How many of you have a true study or library in your place of residence? Okay. 2, 2 of you if I'm seeing correctly. I've always envied that.

122:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/17(水) 09:40

A quiet place to actually do reading or studying, kay. I'm gonna make a predicition. Many of you study in your bedroom. Okay, how many of you study in your bedroom? We'll raise high so everybody can see. Mmhmm, that's where I studied a lot, especially when I did go to community college. If you don't study in your bedroom hmm...I bet some of you study at the dining room table/kitchen table or bar. How many of you study at the dining/kitchen/bar? Okay. Now if you don't study in those 2 places and you don't have a study or library, study in the family room/rec room/living room...the place where your TV and stereo is, your couch, easy chair. How many of you study there? Okay. Now some of you might actually might drive to a school or library, any do that? Go to a...okay. A few of you do. I still remember living at home going to Highline Community College, my folks bought me a little desk. I still have it. Little desk, I'd come home cause I did work then at Albertsons, typically got off at 9, home about 10 and I'd start studying. I still remember reading Billy Bud Melville. I lie there sitting there studying and my eyes are just...and then the bed started calling to me. "Marty, come lie upon me." Now those of you who've studied Greek, the idea of Sirens calling sailors to the rocks, oh it's real. I'd hear the bed call me and I'd finally go oh I'll just lie down for a moment. Next thing my mom to be yelling "Marty you're late for your English class" I was like "Oh god. I didn't read Billy Bud and I'm screwed." Let me ask you, what's the primary function of a bedroom? What's the secondary function? Good. Most groups go...and I go take psych 20..or 225 and learn about it. It's functional, okay. Primary function of a dining table, eating. Primary function of a living area... Recreation, socializing, right? Now, a lot of students don't realize how much we're controlled by environmental cues. How many of you have been to the Tacoma Mall? Funny, isn't it? Why do you raise your hand? Have you ever been to Tacoma? You answered, why didn't you go like this? Why? Cause if I'm asking the entire class, you've been trained to do what? And you don't even think about it. How many of you been Tacoma Mall? Hands go up. But if I walked up to you, Chris you ever been to Seattle? Totally stupid right? When you're talking face to face you respond verbally. When you ask a group, hands come up. Now, here's what's bad...now that I've tricked you, you won't raise your hands. I'm not gonna raise my hand. But can you see how powerful it is? Without thinking cause we're in a classroom, how many of you have been to Tacoma Mall, hands shoot up. Same is true of going in your bedroom and trying to study. You're in the bedroom. Now, piece of research done in University of Hawaii. Researchers asked the students what's the biggest problem with studying, they said we can't get into it. The university in question had primarily dorm rooms. Very few commuter students to the university. Most of you have seen a dorm room. Oh okay. Most of you have seen a dorm room. They're usually rectangular if it's a 2 plex. One side bed, other side a bed, everything kinda mirror imaged, study area, study area, right...You've got a closet or wardrobe so it's real interesting. In one room you sleep, you groom, talk with people, you socialize, you study, you snack, you're all in 1 room. It's a multi-purpose room and yet you're supposed to study. If your door's open, what happens? Everybody "Hey Lobdell what's up?!" You know and then they got to come in and talk to very quickly you can't get to study. Well the professors heard that the students couldn't get into studying. But they knew what the dorms looked like and the Hawaiin dorms, all of the rooms had a goose neck lamp, so the professors said we're gonna try a little experiment. Take that lamp, make a little sign and put it on it, "Study Lamp".

123:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/17(水) 09:41

Use it only for studying, you don't dress by it, you don't have bs sessions by it, you don't snack by it, you don't clean the room by it, nothing. You use the other lights for all other functions. Here's the way it works and it's so easy. Every one of you can do this. Get a little lamp, probably have one already, if you don't my gosh. Yard sale, garage sale, you can pick 'em up for nothing. Get that lamp and it becomes your study lamp, so if you have to study in your bedroom, turn your desk away from the bed. That's the like how many of you been to the mall, it makes you want to go to sleep. By the way, you can't study in the bed, it's also bad for your back if you know about posture. Turn your back to the bed, have a blank wall, have your lamp, have your books ready to go cause you could futz away a lot of time getting ready, can't you? How many of can futz and futz yeah? You're ready to go, turn on the lamp and start studying. The moment you lose your edge, 15 20 30 minutes later, turn the lamp off, get up and leave the desk. What you're training yourself to study while seated there, and it becomes increasingly automatic as did the raising of the hand. You sit, turn the lamp on and you're ready to go. It's like magic. The students who did that were 1 grade point higher the next term compared to the controlled group that didn't do it. 1 grade point simply by creating a study area. Now if you study in the kitchen/dining, remove all food cues cause I know what happens there. You start thinking turkey in the fridge, yeah swiss cheese in the fridge, oh yeah sandwich time. How many of you have studied and created sandwiches, takes about a half hour to make a really good one. So damn good, what do you do? Make another one! And pretty soon not only are you not studying, but you're getting the spread going, okay. You're really frustrated then. The living area, I'm gonna tell you, you can do this experiment. You try to study in the living room and you're focused, and other people are listening to music, watching a movie, watching TV, they won't leave you alone. "Hey Marty. Marty look, look look it's really good." "Excuse me I'm studying." And then they get angry at you. "Well boo on you too." You can't study in the living area. It's not designed for that unless you're all by yourself, and you turn off the TV, turn down the stereo so it's truly background. If you're singing along to your favorite song, you're not studying. You're singing along to a song. Your brain has to be focused to be really studying, not time sharing back and forth between singing and studying. So living areas, very tough to create but if that's what you have to do it bring your little study lamp in, everything else off, turn on your study lamp, create a study there. Are you getting the idea? Now, I'm gonna go through a lot of suggestions. Break it up into chunks, reinforce it, simple to do. Create a study area, simple to do. And you'll be amazed if you take these ideas and do them. I'm gonna make a challenge to all of you. It's so easy to sit through a presentation, say yeah yeah that sounds good and then walk away and do nothing. Technically as a psychologist, if it doesn't change your behavior you haven't learned it. It's just in your head. To be a true learning experience you have to behave differently. So my hope is you all make a promise I'll try at least one or 2 of what I talk about today, and when you find out it works, say gosh I'll try a 3rd one, maybe a 4th. I went back to grad school in the mid-80s, second time around, I actually aced every class. PLU gives pluses, I got pluses in all but one class. I didn't do that first time, okay. I was a good student but not that good. I used the principles I learned about in teaching psych to become a student. I wish somebody had told me these things when I was a student the first time. It would have been a lot easier. So we got 2 things going. Break your study up into little pieces with reinforcement. Create a study area, if you don't have one.

124:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/17(水) 09:42

I think you said you do have a study. There you go. Okay. Next thing. The more active you are in your learning, your're more effective. And yet increasingly I have students who think studying is reading it over and over and they're gonna have some magical thing where they suddenly understand it and remember it well. When your reading it over and over, or saying it over and over, the term for that is rote memorization. Spelled r-o-t-e. It can work. It is the way most of us were taught in elementary school. The way I understand it, a lot of Asian schools depend heavily on rote. Some of you may be darn good at it and if you can memorize and actually understand by repetition and its effective for you, don't change. But for most of us it's not the most efficient or effective way. The way to learn efficiently in college, first you have to decide what am I learning. Is it a concept or a fact? A fast is the discreet little piece of information, Sigmund Freud is the father of psychoanalysis, that's a fact. Okay, but understanding what psychoanalysis is is a concept. Okay. Understanding the name of a bone is a fact. Understanding what it does in the body gets into a concept, okay. So, in studying, sometimes there are a lot of facts. In fact, I use anatomy as a good example. You gotta memorize bones, muscles, organs, tissues, a lot of it. But if you simply memorize and don't understand the function of it. The comprehension of the actual concepts, it's a lot of wasted learning, really. Just to know a name of a bone is like yeah, so what. Okay. What does it do? How does it function? So, if it's a fact or a factoid, you have to approach it one way and I'll talk about how you do that. But in most college classes, what we as professors are most concerned about is that you grasp the concept. Because concepts, once grasped, will stay with you a lifetime. Facts can easily get confused, but that's why we have Google, why we have reference books. If you know the concept, you can quickly look up the fact if you have to know that for a particular fact. Neat thing is, I get questions who has more advantage, younger students or older students? Depends on what you're talking about. Most of us as we get older realize concepts are what are really important to make our lives better, to be effective in our work, effective in our personal lives. Facts though, we realize we can lookup. We can get those if we need them. Young people actually often learn facts very quickly but they never think about the concept. I'll give you a simple example, I'm an old guy, when I was a bit younger, I would sing along with the radio with my adolescent daughter in the car. Oh Dad, if you don't know the words don't sing the song. I'd say okay Beth, you're right. I'm not singing exactly what he or she is singing, but it's conceptually the same. What? I'd say what's the song about? I don't know. She couldn't tell me what the song was about but she could tell me every word in the song. That's earning or learning facts and not seeing the concept. I as an adult, I know the concept, I just make up my own lyrics, okay. Because I don't worry about the factual. Now, some of you are going yeah but my teacher does. I got to know the facts as well as the concepts, so we'll first deal with concepts. Here's the question, can you put the concept in your own words. If you can't, you don't really understand it. It's not meaningful to you. To make it meaningful is a struggle. It's probably the biggest struggle you have as a student. But its a struggle you need to do or you're wasting your study time. Now I'm gonna give you an example. Only 1 of you probably in this room will understand what I just say or what we say. Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny. I knew she would get that. How many of you know exactly what I'm talking about? Rog, you do? Cool. 2 of you. Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny. Most of you are going it's all Greek to me, it's actually probably more Latin but I'm not certain of that.

125:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/17(水) 09:43

When I was a biology student, I learned about the ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny and if you try to learn that and you don't understand it, it's gonna go in one ear and out the other. You can't hold onto it. But if I take a moment to break it down, ontogeny means your own development as a being. You as a human for example. Recapitulates means goes back through or recaptures, retraces. Phylogeny, which is the development all the way from single cell to complex mammal. Now to make sense of that, how did all of you start in utero? A single fertilized cell. An ovum that's fertilized and then it starts dividing and you get all that. But you get a little peer and this is what they first looked at embryos, where we look like a little thing that looks like a tadpole. Right? Yeah, tadpoleish. So we start with a single egg that's fertilized and then we get this little thing that looks kinda like a tadpole and they thought these were gill slits. They're not, they're just what becomes the pharisaic area. But there's no legs it looks like a little tail. We had a tail! Got the idea? Well then we get our arm buds and we get them growing you know, so we now get arms and legs and gradually we start looking more like a human being but we take an embryo of every mammal, you probably couldn't tell one from the other. Human, pig, doesn't matter, they all look very much alike don't they? Now, you understand ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny, but if the instructor doesn't take the time to tell you that and you just read it and eh whatever I'll memorize it, you would forget it about as quickly get through it. I'm not gonna prove this, you all get to do a little memory task. Gotta find where...here we go! I'm gonna read to you 13 letters from our alphabet, you all know the alphabet right? Should be meaningful. As soon as I finish I want you to say them back to me in the same sequence that I give them to you. So I'll say them and then I'll go like that, you say 'em back. Y-T-R-H, don't write 'em, A-U-S-P-D-P-A-Y-H...Boy, somebody sounded like they got quite a few but did any of you get all 13? By the way, the fact that you took notes is a good thing. It's one of the best things to help you remember, and I sit in front of classes where they just go...for 50 minutes. I'm givin' them wisdom and they're not taking a damn note, and then they wonder why they don' remember. You can't remember everything in a lecture. I'm gonna rearrange the letters a little bit, see if you do any better. H-A-P-P-Y-T-H-U-R-S-D-A-Y. The letters in sequence. Shh... letters. Most of you got all 13, and you thought coming to this lecture might be nothing. I've just taken your short term memory span, which is usually 5 to about 9 letters and expanded 13. Can you give 'em again? What are they? Damn you're good. Or I'm good. Now, obviously it was a little easier. Those were the same 13 letters, same ones. If you're studying anything conceptual, and you're trying to memorize it, it's like Y-T-R...it doesn't make any sense. It's in one eye out the other, if it's out loud one ear out the other. But if you take the time discover the meaning, suddenly it clicks. And I could probably ask you next week what were those 13 letters and most of you tell me. At the end of the quarter I could ask you and most of you could tell me. You might be confused was it happy wednesday or thursday but you'd guess probably thursday. Now, some of you are in my intro class this quarter. I do something that I wish I had time to do. I divide the class in 2, using a card so half reads 1, the other half reads another card. I have one group try to estimate the number of vowels in a series of words that I read to them. So they're thinking about the words, we'd say that's superficial thinking. How many vowels in mosquito? How many vowels in bottle? How many vowels in elephant? And they get to write down what they think is the number of vowels. The second group are instructed, they're told you need to think about how valuable this item would be.

126:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/18(木) 20:44

If you were stranded on a deserted island, and you then rate its value on 5 point scale, 1 being no value, 5 being highly valuable, that's called deeper processing. You're now thinking about it in terms of its application or use. By the way, I think elephant is a fun one, I'd give it a 5. Not really company but if you got really hungry you got a lot of food there right? I then read, I think it's about 30 words, everybody's writing down their numbers. I then have them do a stalling exercise where they write their name phone number and address, that's to dump short term memory cause they might be thinking about the words I just read. If you're now writing your name and address, it changes your focus. Short term memory only lasts about 20-30 seconds, its pretty brief. So I counted on the clock, after 30 seconds I say now write down as many words that you can recall. This one is so powerful, the group that's counting vowels on average remembers out of about 30 words. Time and time again. The group that's thinking about usefulness on a deserted island remembers 10. It's slightly more 5/5, 5.5 vs 10.5 but very close to it doubling without doing any more effort, simply by thinking about it instead of just trying to superficially think about it. And this is where, as a student, the more you get into the understanding the better. Now this then raises a fun question, what is the meaning? If I say something is meaningful or meaningless, what am I really saying? Now I'm not gonna through a big drill which is kind of fun of teasing it out of you, but a meaningful piece is a piece that relates to something you already know, and the best little analogy is its like a file system that you've already got established, you add a new entry to it so its all neatly organized and its very easy if you got a file system to add a new entry. We do it with computers also. The other way, meaningless. It's where something new doesn't fit with something already established and so its Greek to you. Its ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny. What did you say? If its something brand new, you can't relate it. You have to create a new entry, so you have to grapple with it saying what does that mean? But as I broke it down, I bet you could associate it with something you already understood. You've probably all seen little embryos, you got the idea of an egg, the idea that it kinda recaptures our development from a primitive one cell to a very complex mammal, get that idea. That's the meaning of meaningfulness. Now as a teacher, I think all of us, as we are teachers we all try to make things meaningful in our classes. So we give stories, we give examples, but sometimes our examples don't work for you. This is where you have to tease it out. So I'm gonna go to a couple things to help you there. First, study groups. We underutilize them, especially in community college. Would people get through med school without study groups. Not very many. Do we have vet tech back there? Dental hygiene, vet tech, pretty sophisticated stuff they have to learn, right? Do they do study groups? No? Oh my...I would hope they do. I would encourage them to do it. Where I've got students to form study groups, performance of the groups go up dramatically. Now, part of it is probably because they're motivated to do that so its a bit confounding but I'm convinced there's also the power of studying with other people. I know these concepts its like so well I can't see how they're confusing, but another student who's just found the answer can sometimes turn and say Thursday, here's what its about. They go ah is that what Mr. Lobdell was saying, god. So easy. But I can't do that because I don't see where the problems lie in that particular concept. Study groups are great. I'm not gonna tell you how many of you totally hurt yourself in studying. How many of you magic mark, highlight, whatever you call it, textbooks. A little yellow, pink, green, glow in the dark sort of thing? How many of you use the markers? Those were invented '65, year I started college. So I bought one.

127:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/20(土) 20:46

Sexual preferences are so closely linked to personal experience that it feels almost impossible to market to the exact sweet spot of most people.

128:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/22(月) 17:20

When I wore MUJI's "Men's Organic Cotton Mix Heat Generating V Neck Long Sleeves T-Shirt" as a nightgown last night, I experienced sudden and severe itching. This was presumably due to the thermal storage function of the product, which contributed to the increase in body temperature. I therefore prohibit the wearing of all thermal storage underwear, including the product in question, at bedtime and freeze indefinitely any plans to purchase more of the product in question (17:12, 22/11/2021)

129:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/11/22(月) 19:40

Traits controlled by a single gene

The ABO blood group is determined by the ABO gene, which carries information about a protein called glycosyltransferase. The ABO gene carries information about a protein called glycosyltransferase, which is mainly responsible for adding another sugar to the end of the sugar chain exposed on the surface of the cell. However, the DNA sequence of the ABO gene can be divided into three main types depending on the function of this protein. In genetics, different types of the same gene are called alleles. In the case of the ABO gene, there are three alleles, A, B and O. These alleles contain information about the same type of protein, but the proteins produced from these alleles have slightly different functions. This is because the sequence of bases is slightly different between the alleles, resulting in a slight difference in the amino acid sequence. All genes have such different types and alleles.

In the ABO gene, the enzyme synthesized from the allele classified as O is an enzyme that cannot link sugars. A adds the sugar N-acetylglucosamine. B adds the sugar galactose. There are also three types of alleles that produce type O. In one case, the 261st base is missing. So that the correct enzyme cannot be synthesized. There are several differences between the sequences of the A and B alleles compared. Four of these differences, at bases 526, 703, 796 and 803, all result in amino acid differences when translated into protein. This difference in amino acids causes the enzymes synthesized from each allele to function differently.

In each individual, one allele of the ABO gene is transmitted from each parent. The cell then synthesizes an enzyme from both alleles. Thus, the two alleles of the ABO gene in each individual can be one of six possible combinations. If both alleles are O, the ABO blood group will be type O. If A and A or A and O, type A. If B and B or B and O, type B. If A and B, type AB. Therefore, it is possible to distinguish any of these six types by examining the above sequence of the ABO gene. Then, we can predict the blood group from only a little genetic information without studying the blood group of parents, the actual blood group, or the whole ABO gene sequence. However, there are basic exceptions in living organisms, and even in this case there are special alleles which cannot be estimated by the above combinations. For example, some of the alleles classified as O consist of different sequences and are present in low frequency in the population.

130:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/12/13(月) 01:50

The natural avoidance of spontaneity may be a remote cause of autonomic dysreflexia.

131:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/12/19(日) 16:41

Howdy?

132:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/12/19(日) 16:44

>>128 I think it will function properly as a nightgown only under unheated conditions below 10 degrees Celsius.

133:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/12/19(日) 22:35

In the first place, without basic bodily mechanisms and skills based on biological evolution, culture itself would not exist. In this sense, we can say that culture is a mechanism to extend biological body mechanisms and skills. Culture extends humanity's biological skills: many tools are extensions of the hand, microscopes and radio telescopes are extensions of the eye, loudspeakers and printing technology are extensions of the voice, trains, automobiles and other means of transportation are extensions of the foot, computers are extensions of the brain, and fire is an extension of the digestive system. Moreover, only human beings are capable of not only making tools, but also of extending such body extensions to any extent by flexibly combining them in many kinds and many layers: we make the tools needed to make tools, we make the means of transportation needed to carry tools, we make the tools needed to convey information... and so on. Culture is a device for the multiple and flexible extension of humanity's biological mechanisms and skills to any extent.

134:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/12/20(月) 11:56

Voulez-vous arrêter de penser?

135:匿名:2021/12/22(水) 01:05

Velim ut pubes meas etiam exhauriat.

136:匿名:2021/12/24(金) 18:12

Il y a du sang frais qui sort de l'anus.

137:Chronic Procrastinator:2021/12/29(水) 17:27

Lorsque j'ai porté le "Men's Organic Cotton Mix Heat Generating V Neck Long Sleeves T-Shirt" de MUJI comme chemise de nuit la nuit dernière, j'ai ressenti des démangeaisons soudaines et sévères. Cela était vraisemblablement dû à la fonction de stockage thermique du produit, qui a contribué à l'augmentation de la température corporelle. Par conséquent, j'interdis le port de tout sous-vêtement à stockage thermique, y compris le produit en question, au moment du coucher et je gèle indéfiniment tout projet d'achat du produit en question.

138:Ceux qui interf&◆ow:2021/12/29(水) 17:32

Une personne était très intéressée par mon histoire "J'ai récemment réalisé que si j'utilise des images de personnages comme objet de mon étude, je ne serai jamais capable d'écrire une théorie des images de personnages", alors j'ai mentionné la fappabilité et la zéro-fappabilité et j'ai dit "En bref, 'Moe' est un concept dans le domaine de la littérature et de l'art, et qu'il est impossible de faire une analyse rationnelle dans le domaine de la recherche en art visuel sans introduire la "fappabilité", il m'a écouté avec grand intérêt, ce qui a peut-être augmenté ma motivation pour écrire un livre sur la "fappabilité".

139:H&◆cM:2021/12/29(水) 17:37

La croyance qu'une préparation méticuleuse fera naître nos désirs n'est ni bonne ni mauvaise en soi.
Les organes génitaux féminins bipolaires et décentrés : le sein et la vulve sont littéralement des symboles du corps féminin et sont essentiels à l'histoire de l'industrie du sexe.
Pourquoi le récit négatif est-il si répandu dans la société moderne ?
Nous devons vivre en tant que personnes nées dans un pays de perdants et il est important et bénéfique pour nous individuellement et pour ce pays d'en prendre conscience.
Underachiever ou Procrastinator - quel est mon véritable alias ?
Je veux être une sorte d'agent de circulation pour notre société en tant que collectif intellectuel.
Il n'y a rien de naturel ou de fondé sur des principes à ressentir un sentiment d'appartenance à un système politique tel que l'État.

140:Anonyme:2021/12/29(水) 17:40

Une perspective fantomatique, une vision fantomatique, une vue fantomatique (17:52, 2021/06/10)
Voir la vraie nature des fantômes et des fleurs à queue flétrie (17:52, 10 juin 2021)
L'univers agité (17:54, 2021/06/10)
A Senior Conflits entre raison et instinct (2021/06/13/0:30)
D'aussi loin que je me souvienne, une motion de défiance à l'égard du parti au pouvoir, l'ego, a été proposée au parlement de mon cerveau, ma plus haute instance de décision (11:01, 16/06/2021).
La compréhension de Mario-like comme sous-catégorie de la gamification (22/07/2021, 7:25 pm)
Heattech peut remplacer le chauffage, mais Airism ne peut pas remplacer le refroidissement (16:01, 27/07/2021)
S'il y a quelque chose à rechercher, c'est bien l'accomplissement de la justice (07/08/2021, 0:01)
La peur de l'effondrement des constructions intellectuelles décourage la pensée et l'action constructives, quelles qu'elles soient. (2021/08/09/5:04)
Seuls ceux qui peuvent utiliser la boussole du devoir lorsqu'ils nagent dans une mer de droits illimités sont libres (21:45, 2021/09/02)
À la recherche d'une intelligence externe (ht 22:12, 2021/09/02)
C'est pratique de mettre toute sa monnaie dans une caisse automatique et elle ressort avec la plus petite combinaison (23:31, 10 septembre 2021).
Penser horizontalement quand on manque de sommeil (8:02, 12/09/2021)
Les informations véritablement utiles devraient être les plus personnalisées, n'est-ce pas ? (2021/09/14/0:29)
Je veux être un guide de circulation pour la société en tant que collectif intellectuel (23:07, 10/04/2021)
Déconstruire la problématique (19:55, 29/10/2021)
L'objectif suprême d'Apple pourrait être l'égalité des chances grâce aux machines (3:56, 11/09/2021)
Des philosophes qui possèdent et luttent avec un Hiroyuki altéré (0:41, 21 novembre 2021)
Sur ses propres caractéristiques physiques.

141:Anonyme:2022/01/01(土) 13:07

Comment allez-vous tous?

142:Anonyme:2022/01/01(土) 22:02

Je pense personnellement que la raison pour laquelle les personnes intelligentes ont une vision positive de la mort, ou pourquoi les personnes âgées s'accrochent à leur emploi mal payé, est un problème qui peut être résolu en formant une sorte de communauté appropriée pour chaque personne, en leur donnant une nouvelle réalisation sociale, et en développant des divertissements inconnus au-delà de notre imagination. Pensez-vous qu'il est possible de créer un avenir où les gens ont une vision plus positive de la vie en stimulant leurs loisirs d'une manière plus rationnelle pour leur cerveau?

143:Anonyme:2022/01/02(日) 18:04

Le rêve changeant, le souvenir d'un monde de brume matinale illusoire. Ce monde actuel, assis sur une fondation de sable qui s'effrite. L'histoire d'un rêve fabriqué, racontant un monde ancien et profond. En plein jour, une ville coule.

Est-ce une illusion, ou une tour construite sur du sable ? Ce rêve, jusqu'au lever du jour, est un rêve de papillon.

Le rêve change, la couleur voyante d'un manoir écarlate illusoire. Ce monde actuel, assis au sommet d'une froide fondation de pierre. Le conte de fées d'un rêve fabriqué, racontant une ancienne et belle capitale. En plein jour, une ville est corrompue.

144:Anonyme:2022/01/03(月) 01:41

D'un point de vue fantomatique, d'une vision fantomatique, d'une perspective fantomatique, mes aînés, qui luttent entre la raison et l'instinct de l'univers, qui voient la vraie nature des fantômes et l'agitation au sein des fleurs à queue fanée, ont été dans le plus haut organe de décision de mon cerveau, la Diète, depuis aussi longtemps que je me souvienne, il y a eu un vote de défiance dans le parti au pouvoir, l'ego. Avec la compréhension de Mario de la gamification comme sous-catégorie, le heattech est un substitut du chauffage, mais l'airism n'est pas un substitut du refroidissement, donc s'il y a quelque chose à rechercher, c'est seulement la réalisation de la justice. Je vous ai appris à maintes reprises que la peur de l'effondrement des constructions intellectuelles nous fait nous abstenir de pensées et d'actions constructives, quelles qu'elles soient, mais seuls ceux qui savent utiliser la boussole du devoir sont libres lorsqu'ils nagent dans une mer de droits infinis, et il est commode de mettre toutes ses pièces dans la caisse automatique de l'intelligence extérieure, car elles en ressortent dans la plus petite combinaison possible. La pensée horizontale pendant la privation de sommeil est également vraie, et j'ai dit que l'information véritablement utile devrait être la plus personnalisée, et je veux être un guide de circulation pour la société en tant que collectif intellectuel, et le démantèlement de la conscience des problèmes et la suprématie d'Apple peut être l'égalité des chances par la machine, et possédée par l'altéré Hiroyuki. Les philosophes qui se débattent avec leurs propres caractéristiques physiques sont éliminés ou torturés.

145:Anonyme:2022/01/11(火) 00:06

OC2(h)

146:Easterlies:2022/01/18(火) 07:55

By Hanako and Shinichi's first intercourse, estimated about 2 hours ago.

147:Easterlies:2022/01/18(火) 09:14

Contemporary Individualism was born at 23:19 on June 9, 2020. Today, January 18, 2021, at 8:56 pm, it has lived a little over seven months and has been completely deleted from the trash. There is no need for pessimism, as I will be irresponsibly raising its descendants. Please keep in mind that the descendants will be purely cultivated and gradually propagated at https://ha10.net/ and https://jeison.biz/casphy/.

148:Easterlies:2022/01/18(火) 09:22

>>147 It's 8:56 am, not pm.

149:Easterlies:2022/01/19(水) 05:53

Me: I'm cold.
Siri: I'm relieved to hear that.

150:Easterlies:2022/01/23(日) 14:44

The intelligible truths underlying all of our thoughts are clear but subtle, and depend on nothing more than the differences that are actually possible, since none of them are good. In order to achieve complete clarity in our thinking about an object, we need only consider the practical kinds of perceptible effects that the object has. In other words, what sensations we should expect from it and what reactions we should prepare for.

151:Easterlies:2022/01/24(月) 18:38

(Ramanujan's work) did not have the simplicity and inevitability of truly great work. It would have been greater if it had been less strange. But there was a natural talent there that no one could deny. It was a deep and invincible originality. If he had been discovered and acclimatized at a younger age, he probably would have become an even greater mathematician, making new and more important discoveries. On the other hand, he might have become less "Ramanujan-like" and more European professorial, losing more than he gained.

152:Easterlies:2022/01/24(月) 18:59

Airi(h), estimated 8 hours ago.

153:Easterlies:2022/01/27(木) 03:14

Uncensored Girl from the North Country, estimated 20 minutes ago.

154:Easterlies:2022/01/27(木) 13:37

>>153 This is the quintessential serendipitous/algorithmic discovery. I sacrificed the synchronicity to identify her genuineness. Consequently, I'm kind of grateful to her and her appendage.

155:Easterlies:2022/01/27(木) 13:53

In French and German, they say I'm rather grateful for her appendage. Don't distort the facts.

156:Easterlies:2022/01/27(木) 18:36

The question is whether there is anything I (we) can do in the first place.

157:Easterlies:2022/01/28(金) 12:15

Laggards know no innovators, shun the early adapters, despise the majority.

158:Easterlies:2022/01/28(金) 12:31

During the COVID lockdown, this headline went viral: "Nearly half of men say they do most of the homeschooling... ...three percent of women agree." I bring this up not to debate who's right, but because it's a great example of something called egocentric bias: Most people think they do most of the work. For example, researchers have asked authors of multi-author papers what percentage of the work they personally did, and when they add up those percentages, the sum is on average 140 percent. When couples are asked to estimate how much of the housework they do, the combined total is almost always over 100%. Now you might think this is because people want to appear more helpful than they actually are, but that's not it. When couples are asked what fraction of the fights they start or how much of the mess is theirs, the total is again over a hundred. People think they do more of the work, but they also think they cause more of the problems. So why is this? I think it's simply because you experience and remember vividly all of what you do, but not all of what everyone else does, so naturally you overestimate your own contributions and underestimate others. And I think this bias leads us to underestimate the influence of other things on our lives like the role luck plays in our success. Take hockey players, for example. If you ask a professional hockey player how they managed to reach the NHL, they might mention their hard work, determination, great coaches, their parents willingness to get up at 5 AM, and so on, but they probably won't acknowledge how lucky they were to be born in January. And yet, in many years 40% of hockey players selected into top tier leagues are born in the first quarter of the year, compared to just 10% in the fourth quarter; an early birthday can make you up to four times as likely to be a pro hockey player. And the reason for this disparity is presumably because the cutoff date for kids hockey leagues is January 1st. Those born in the first part of the year are a little older and so on average bigger and faster than kids in their league born late in the year. Now as they grow up, this difference should eventually shrink to nothing, but it doesn't. Because the young kids who share the most promise are given more time on the ice and enter more tournaments, where they receive better coaching and improve their skills. And these advantages compound year after year, so by the time you get to the pros, birthdays are heavily skewed towards the start of the year. But does any professional hockey player feel thankful for their birthday? Probably not. And we are all like that, largely oblivious to the fortunate events that support our success. Probably the most significant bit of luck many of us enjoy is being born into a prosperous country; around half the variance in income received by people around the world is explained by their country of residence and that country's income distribution. If you were born in Burundi, for example, which has the world's lowest gross national income per capita of just 730 dollars a year, it doesn't matter how smart or hard-working you are; you're unlikely to earn much as an adult. Now many people get offended if you point out how big a role chance plays in their success and I get it. If we are just a product of our circumstances, then our hard work and our talent seem to count for nothing. People think it has to be either skill or luck that explains success, but the truth is you need both. Take these eight track and field world records: all the athletes who achieve these records are obviously world class, extremely dedicated, and talented and yet, when they achieved their world records, seven out of eight had a tailwind. Now these athletes all had the ability to win a gold medal, but to set the world record required a bit of luck as well. The importance of luck increases the greater the number of applicants applying for just a few spaces.

159:Easterlies:2022/01/28(金) 12:32

Consider the most recent class of NASA astronauts. From over 18,300 applicants in 2017, only 11 were selected and went on to graduate from the astronaut training program. Now we can make a toy model of the selection process. Let's assume that astronauts are selected mostly based on skill, experience, and hard work, but also say five percent as a result of luck — fortunate circumstances. For each applicant, I randomly generated a skill score out of a hundred, and I also randomly generated a luck score out of a hundred. Then I added those numbers together, weighted in the 95-to-5 ratio to get an overall score. This score represents the selector's judgments, meaning the top 11 by this metric would become astronauts. And I repeated this simulation a thousand times representing a thousand different astronaut selections. And what I found was the astronauts who were picked were very lucky; they had an average luck score of 94.7. So how many of the selected astronauts would have been in the top 11 based on skill alone? The answer was, on average, only 1.6. That means, even with luck accounting for just 5% of the outcome, 9 or maybe 10 of the 11 applicants selected would have been different if luck played no role at all. When competition is fierce, being talented and hard-working is important, but it's not enough to guarantee success. You also need to catch a break. Largely, I think we're unaware of our good luck because, by definition, it's not something we did. Like the housework done by your significant other, it goes unappreciated. And here's the crazy thing: Downplaying the importance of chance events may actually improve your probability of success because if you perceive an outcome to be uncertain, you're less likely to invest effort in it, which further decreases your chances of success. So, it's a useful delusion to believe you are in full control of your destiny. I mean, if I had known how bad I was when I started YouTube or how much work it would take, I might have given up right then. "Welcome to Veritasium: an online science video blog." Now there may be another benefit to overlooking your lucky breaks, which is it makes it easier to justify your place in society: if you have a lot of wealth or power, you can just chalk it up to your own intelligence, effort, and perseverance. It makes it easier to accept inequality. In one experiment, participants were put in groups of three in small rooms to discuss a complex moral problem, and one person in each group was randomly designated the team leader. Half an hour later, the experimenter came by with four cookies for each team. So who got the extra cookie? In each case, it went to the team leader. Even though they had no special aptitude, they didn't have extra responsibilities and they'd gotten their position through chance alone. Once you have achieved a certain status, it seems natural to feel like you deserve it and all the other good things that come your way. Now this is just an anecdote, but whenever I've been upgraded to fly a business class, I've always observed the worst behavior in my fellow privileged passengers; they just act so entitled and uncourteous. And research has found evidence for this as well. In another experiment, participants were asked to think of a good thing that happened to them recently, and then one group was asked to list their own personal qualities or actions that made that good thing happen, another group was asked to list external factors beyond their control that led to the event, and a control group was simply asked to list reasons why the good thing happened. Now for completing this task, participants were told they would be paid a dollar, but at the end they were offered the option to donate some or all of the money to a charity. Results showed those who listed their own personal attributes contributed 25% less than those who listed external factors beyond their control. Now think of what all this means for people in our society, specifically for people in positions of power like business leaders and politicians.

160:Easterlies:2022/01/28(金) 12:34

Now undoubtedly most of them are talented and hard-working, but they have also been luckier than most, and like most of us, they don't realize just how lucky they are. And this gives them a distorted view of reality. They're kind of living in a form of survivor bias: all these leaders have worked hard and ultimately succeeded, so to them the world appears fair. In their experience, it rewards hard work, but what they don't have is the experience of all the people who have worked hard and failed. So what are they to make of people less successful than themselves? Well, the natural conclusion is that they must just be less talented or less hard-working, and this perspective makes them less inclined to be generous — to give back. And they are the ones who set the rules for how society operates. And this is particularly unfortunate since one of the main ways many of us are lucky is in our country of residence. But what is a country except for the things put there by people who came before? The roads and the schools, public transport, emergency services, clean air and water, everything like that. It seems a cruel trick of our psychology that successful people without any malice will credit their success largely to their own hard work and ingenuity, and therefore contribute less to maintaining the very circumstances that made that success possible in the first place. The good news is that acknowledging our fortunate circumstances not only brings us more in line with reality, it also makes us more likeable. In a study where people had to read the transcript of a fictional 60-minutes interview with a biotech entrepreneur, experimenters tried changing just the last paragraph where the interviewee is talking about the reasons for their company's success. In one version, the entrepreneur personally takes credit for the success they've had, but in the other, he says luck played a significant role. Now people who read the luck version of the transcript judged the entrepreneur as kinder, and thought they'd be more likely to be close friends with him than those who read the other version of the transcript. And raising our awareness of fortunate events can also make us happier because it allows us to feel gratitude. Personally, I am grateful to Michael Stevens of Vsauce, who on October 7th, 2012, posted the video: "How Much Does a Shadow Weigh?", which shouts out my slow-motion slinky drop video, and within three days my subscribers had increased by a third, and within a month, they had doubled, leading me to quit my part-time job and work exclusively on YouTube videos. And I'm grateful to the writer of the free newspaper they give out on the trains in Sydney who didn't quite understand electricity, leading me to post this picture of their article to my Instagram with the caption: "What's wrong with this picture?" And I'm lucky that the first person to answer correctly was a beautiful woman who became my future wife. Yep! That is how I met your mother. Now initially, I wanted to make this video just to say our circumstances and psychology conspire to make us oblivious to our own luck. This leads successful people to view the world as fair, and those less successful than them as less talented or less hard-working. And this is before you factor in any discrimination or prejudice. But, it also became apparent to me that I should talk about what to do if you want to be successful in such a world, and I think the best advice is paradoxical. First, you must believe that you are in complete control of your destiny, and that your success comes down only to your own talent and hard work. But second, you've got to know that's not true for you or anyone else. So you have to remember: if you do achieve success that luck played a significant role and given your good fortune, you should do what you can to increase the luck of others. Hey, so I had an idea for what I could do to increase the luck of others and that is to give away a hundred snatoms kits to people who couldn't otherwise afford them.

161:Easterlies:2022/01/29(土) 17:45

OC2(h)

162:Easterlies:2022/02/07(月) 17:35

OC2(b), estimated to be about 12 hours ago.

163:Easterlies:2022/02/08(火) 01:13

Module strength is one of the terms used to describe the nature of the modules (parts) of a program that make up software, and refers to the strength of the relationship between multiple functions contained in a module.

The state with the highest module strength is called "functional strength," which refers to the case where a module provides only one function. The next highest is "informational strength," which refers to the state in which functions for handling specific and identical data are combined into one. The next highest is "communicative strength," which refers to the state in which data is passed between functions within a module. The next highest is "procedural strength," which refers to the state in which multiple functions that are always executed in sequence are grouped together.

The next highest is "temporal intensity," which refers to the state in which multiple functions that are used at a certain point in time during execution, such as initialization of various elements at the start of execution, are combined into one (even if there is no relationship between the functions). The next highest is "logical strength," which refers to a state in which multiple functions are logically related and grouped together in a structure that allows the user to select which process to perform by means of arguments. The lowest is "implicit strength," which refers to the state in which multiple functions are combined into one by simply dividing the program without considering the relationship between the functions.

164:Easterlies:2022/02/08(火) 05:24

What is rationality?

I wrote about it in an exam the other day and my teacher seemed to like it, so I'd like to write about it more properly.

In recent years, in the field of political science, especially in political science, this "rationality" is very popular. However, it does not mean that anything is good because it is rational.
 That's true. If you say it is rational, you can manage most things. For example, if we assume that irrational claims are basically false, we can develop a very clear argument. That is to say, the truth or falsehood of any proposition can be established only by examining its rationality. Well, in the natural sciences, this is enough.
 However, when it comes to social sciences, it is not so. In political science, what is called "rationality" is at best only "economic rationality". The point is how much benefit is returned to the individual by a particular choice. And the benefits are only fundamentally economic. In other words, you can't count the satisfaction of properly internalising an ethical code.

So let's assume for the moment that "rationality" is a logical path that connects the shortest distance from a particular starting point (premise) to a particular ending point (goal). At this point, I feel that I have done something quite absurd.
 Now let's consider this rationality. In this case, rationality can be understood in a very pluralistic way by transforming the purpose. In other words, if we set an economic purpose, we can make a common argument for rationality. And if we set 'emotions' as ends, we can bring a sense of fulfilment based on ethical norms into the analysis of rationality. There's really no end to the discussion of emotions, so I'll leave that for another time. I'll get back to it when I'm able.
 Well, to add, if we understand rationality on the basis of this concept of rationality, I think Habermas's criticism of rationality is not so effective. When I say "purposive rationality", it means that the "purposive" part praises economic rationality, or the rationality is judged in a way that excludes individual human rights. I feel that it is enough to consider the rationality that brings communication or criticism possibility (I think this is easier to understand) to the "purpose" part.

However, this concept of rationality is not universal at all, and now the question arises as to how to use it in analysis. In short, "Sure, we can discuss comprehensively now. Then, what is the use of that? As long as it is conceptualized, it is meaningless unless it is useful in some way for analysis or discussion. In fact, the fact that we have made it too comprehensive makes it difficult to use for analysis.
 The point is, "this is rational, that is rational, it's also..." In other words, there are so many things to consider that it becomes impossible to follow up, or even if you do, it becomes impossible to estimate a valid causal relationship. At least in the case of political science, such a problem arises. On the contrary, this is why there are so many analyses that focus on economic rationality.
 However, since political science is good at the analysis of the current situation, I would like to offer the analysis which can guarantee the predictability a little more. It would be nice if we could somehow construct a theory that can bring us to an analysis with high predictability, while sufficiently considering the value norms in a comprehensive judgment. If we could do that, it would be a real classic. Whew!

165:Easterlies:2022/02/10(木) 01:00

New: Meisa Hanai (https://jjgirls.com/japanese/meisa-hanai/3/meisa-hanai-4.jpg), about 1 hour ago. Current information suggests that the highest point of her fappability is observability in static images without makeup.

166:Easterlies:2022/02/11(金) 00:10

Her pie, about 10 minutes ago.

167:Easterlies:2022/02/11(金) 18:53

In the practical world of small and medium-sized companies, many of which are unlisted, financial documents are often deliberately falsified or concealed from the public as they should be. This book provides a concise explanation of professional perspectives for effective analysis in light of such situations, based on the author's extensive experience.

168:Easterlies:2022/02/11(金) 19:07

I couldn't figure out the difference between fapability and fappability and which one is correct even after googling. If there are any native English speakers, please let me know.

169:Easterlies:2022/02/11(金) 19:18

Despite being just after the observation of the rare phenomenon of ejaculating twice in 24 hours, my penis seems to be getting erect often remembering Meisa Hanai. Or maybe the whimsical post "Four Wives" by Gorgonzola is contributing to this. Either way, take care of your prostate.

170:Easterlies:2022/02/13(日) 02:55

New: "The story of my sister's friend seducing me and doing naughty things in secret (tentative)" by Anon200million - first genuine creampie, about 2 hours and 45 minutes ago. I discovered it algorithmically/serendipitously on Pixiv as usual.

171:Easterlies:2022/02/15(火) 05:07

First prevented creampie, about 7 minutes ago.

172:Easterlies:2022/02/17(木) 14:36

For me, eating a lot in a short time is usually bad. Especially in an environment with temperatures of 5 degrees Celsius, which can easily induce cold irritant diarrhoea.

173:Easterlies:2022/02/17(木) 15:34

>>172
Correction: "temperatures of 5 degrees Celsius" to "temperatures below 5 degrees Celsius".

174:Easterlies:2022/02/17(木) 15:56

I can't get out of the futon and stop farting.

175:Easterlies:2022/02/17(木) 15:58

Well, farting seems to be gradually declining spontaneously.

176:Easterlies:2022/02/21(月) 03:52

It's a short life that will be over in the blink of an eye. Let's cherish this life and live it to the fullest together! You are not alone. We are all connected in this world. You are a miracle born in this world, with a kind heart, you are a perfect being with great value from the beginning, no matter what happens. It's a shame to die by yourself. Even if you are suffering at the moment, you have to be aware of yourself, of the people around you who are as valuable and kind as you are, of the state of your body and the things you have thanks to the miracle, and understand from the bottom of your heart that your life will surely come to an end very soon, and that no one knows when that end will come. If you live your life with gratitude, you will always feel happy, you will know that every moment is a miracle and that you are alive, you will find hope and you will have the best end of your life! Let's not give up!

Source: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/profile/amzn1.account.AFCKXGMPRXS2OCYK4DYR4I6QVQ4Q/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_gw_tr?ie=UTF8

177:Easterlies:2022/02/21(月) 22:11

DON'T DRINK COLD MILK IN THE MORNING

178:Easterlies:2022/02/22(火) 01:34

Oral cavity after 1 week, estimated to be 20 minutes ago.

179:Easterlies:2022/02/22(火) 01:37

Coincidentally, it had been a week.

180:Easterlies:2022/02/25(金) 09:05

By showing off her gymnastic skills, 17 minutes ago.

181:Easterlies:2022/02/25(金) 09:33

>>177
You can offset this with a hot drink.

182:Easterlies:2022/02/27(日) 09:08

Spinoza Picture: the denial of free will and the fictional nature of the "ought" argument (ought proposition)

Here is the relevant content of the PDF that I have linked to on the Metaphysics home page, mainly on the negation of free will. This is also a stopgap measure to separate jokes and bad writing that could be seen as insincere. The whole thing is chaotic, and there are many parts that should be rewritten, but I will leave it for a while. As soon as I think of something, I'll add it.

For those who don't understand the free will issue
Some of you may be confused about what the free will debate is all about.
In the following, I will try to explain briefly what the concept of free will is.
Of course, this may not be the best way to introduce the problem of free will.
It is better to think of what I am going to say below as an interpretation of free will.

First of all, the dictionary definition of free will can be restated as follows.
Free will is defined as the pure and absolute beginning of an action or action of the mind which breaks free from the influence of the past or of the laws of physics and causes a voluntary action.
Free will is assumed to be that which can be freely invoked in the midst of apathy, and which can compel a disobedient body to action.

However, such a dictionary definition may not be enough to make sense.
Let's look at apathy as a metaphor.
What is lethargy?
If we think of a human being as an automobile, lethargy may be compared to running out of petrol.
When you run out of petrol, you can't move any more, unless you refuel from outside.
But you may think that this is an inappropriate analogy.
You might think that man is capable of taking action under his own power, unlike the car.
Well, that's certainly a sensible way of looking at it.
But, of course, just because something is a common sense decision doesn't mean that it is always the right one.
In fact, it is a self-contradiction to say that it is up to us to steer ourselves, and in this case, we need to assume a supernatural power that can start the engine in the face of any lethargy.
And that very supernatural power, which can start the engine in any lethargy, is what we call free will, and which is philosophically unsupportable.

A Mathematical Model of "How Many People Believe in Free Will"
With regard to free will, we can ask not only whether it exists, but also how many people in the world believe in its existence.
Mathematical models, such as infectious disease models, may provide insights in this regard.
In the following, we use a simple mathematical model to describe the dynamics of the proportion of people who believe in or deny free will, and briefly investigate the properties of the model.
However, to be honest, this is not a realistic model, but rather a "toy" mathematical model that we play with, giving meaning to variables with interpretations such as "the number of people who believe in free will".
So let's play with it.

183:Easterlies:2022/02/27(日) 10:40

Model 1
For simplicity, we assume that all people are either free will affirmers or deniers, and denote the number of free will affirmers by x and the number of deniers by y.
Our goal is to build a model that governs the change in the number of people x and y over time, under appropriate assumptions, and to understand its behavior.
We then assume that people are born free will positive.
We also assume that each free-will positivist has a probability of becoming a free-will negativist of \alpha per unit time.
Let us assume that this probability does not depend on the number of free will deniers, y.
This corresponds, for example, to the situation where a denialist can argue to a positive denialist that free will does not exist, but will not be understood.
Furthermore, we assume that once you become a free will denialist, you will never return to being a free will affirmative.
This may be a rather unfair argument, but we can think of a situation in which one comes to the conclusion that free will does not exist, and is convinced that it is true.
Of course, if we wanted to, we could create a model in which, on the contrary, a person who has been misled by the whispers of the devil into denying free will is converted back into a pro-free will person.
Now, assuming the above, we can write down the following differential equation
\dot{x}=-\alpha x,\qquad \dot{y}=\alpha x.
where the dot represents the derivative with time t.
Note that the number of free-will deniers decreases as the number of free-will supporters increases, so that the combined number of people, N, is kept constant: \frac
\displaystyle \frac{\mathrm{d}}{\mathrm{d}t}(x+y)=0,\qquad x+y=\mathrm{const}=N.
At this point, the number of free-will proponents decreases exponentially, and after about 1/\alpha time, free-will deniers make up the majority of the population: x
x=x_0e^{-\alpha t},\qquad y=N-x_0e^{-\alpha t}.
This result means that eventually (or after infinite time) everyone will be a free will denialist.
This is what we would expect from the way the model is set up.

Model 2 (Introduction)
Now, for a more non-trivial result, consider the births and deaths of people.
How does the number of affirmers and deniers change if the generational change takes place before everyone becomes a free will deniers?
In the following, we introduce the number of people born per unit of time β.
This has the same dimension as the parameter α, which is the reciprocal of time.
Given that we have already assumed that people are born free will affirmers, we consider this number β to be the increase in the number of free will affirmers.
If we consider a model in which the total number of people in the system is constant, then this same number of people must die in a unit of time.
In this case, it is natural to assign the number of people β to each death, according to the ratio of the number of free will affirmers to the number of deniers x,y at each time.
The equation of the model can thus be extended as follows
\displaystyle \dot{x}=-\alpha x+\beta-\beta \frac{x}{x+y},\qquad \dot{y}=\alpha x-\beta \frac{y}{x+y}.

184:Easterlies:2022/02/28(月) 01:24

A way of looking at differential equations
In order to understand qualitatively the evolution of the number of people x,y according to this equation, we introduce a way of looking at the differential equation.
If we consider a point (x,y) in the xy-plane whose coordinates are the values of x,y at each time, this point moves in the xy-plane with time.
Identifying the motion of this moving point corresponds to understanding the behaviour of the solution of the differential equation.
The above equation gives the velocity (\dot{x},\dot{y}) that the point under consideration has at position (x,y).
Since this is defined at any position (x,y), it forms a velocity field (in this case it is a stationary, i.e. time-invariant field).
If we can draw the velocity field in the xy-plane, we can qualitatively understand the motion of the moving point as follows.
That is, if the moving point is at position \bm{r}_0 at the initial time, then given the velocity \bm{v}(\bm{r}_0) at that position, the position after a small time \varDelta t is
\bm{r}(\varDelta t)=\bm{r}_0+ \bm{v}(\bm{r}_0) \varDelta t
which is determined as follows.
In this way, the position of the kinematic point at a later time is also determined sequentially.

Model 2 (Results)
Now, let's apply the above to our current model.
The velocity vector field in the xy-plane will look like the one below.
Note that the total number of people, N, is determined by the initial conditions and that the moving point moves on the line x+y=N.
The vector field follows this group of lines and is directed towards the intersection of the red line in the diagram and the line where the number of people is constant.
The coordinates of the intersection point are
\displaystyle x=\frac{\beta N}{\alpha N+\beta},\qquad y=\frac{\alpha N^2}{\alpha N+\beta}
and we can see that the number of people x and y will settle down to this value after a long enough time.
The ratio of free will affirmers to deniers is then
x:y=β:α N
So we can see that the ratio of free will deniers to the total population increases as \alpha and total population N increase, and as the generational "metabolism" β decreases.
As one would expect, setting β=0 gives a ratio of 0:1, which is consistent with the results of the original model.

Phase diagram of the number of positive arguments for free will (x) and the number of negative arguments (y). Here we set α=1 and β=3, and we draw the line x+y=N=4 (blue) and the set of fixed points (red).

Palindrome
Fallen Spinoza's Pistachio (Japanese: Ochita Supinoza no Pisutachio)

Ghosts and free will
A "I wonder if ghosts really exist".
B "Of course not".
A "Then don't we have free will?"
B "Of course we do".

Magic and Free Will
Magic is a kind of freedom, in the sense that it enables us to do things that are normally considered impossible.
However, the exercise of freedom is often subject to a number of constraints.
In fact, to take an oft-mentioned example, the freedom to use language comes at the price of the inconvenience of being bound by a number of complex rules, such as grammar.
On the other hand, if you watch Harry Potter, you will see that magic also has rules and mechanisms.
If you don't cast a spell correctly, the spell can misfire, leading to accidents.
Given these circumstances, magic is similar to free will in that it is supernatural, but being able to use magic is not a matter of doing what you want, as in the exercise of free will, but rather closer to the Spinoza philosophy of activeness and 'freedom as necessity'.

185:Easterlies:2022/02/28(月) 17:37

OC2(h), about 30 minutes ago.

186:Green Hero:2022/02/28(月) 17:38

えっ!

187:Easterlies:2022/03/02(水) 13:52

Spinoza Picture: the denial of free will and the fictional nature of the "ought" argument (ought proposition)

Here is the relevant content of the PDF that I have linked to on the Metaphysics home page, mainly on the negation of free will. This is also a stopgap measure to separate jokes and bad writing that could be seen as insincere. The whole thing is chaotic, and there are many parts that should be rewritten, but I will leave it for a while. As soon as I think of something, I'll add it.

For those who don't understand the free will issue
Some of you may be confused about what the free will debate is all about. In the following, I will try to explain briefly what the concept of free will is. Of course, this may not be the best way to introduce the problem of free will. It is better to think of what I am going to say below as an interpretation of free will.

First of all, the dictionary definition of free will can be restated as follows. Free will is defined as the pure and absolute beginning of an action or action of the mind which breaks free from the influence of the past or of the laws of physics and causes a voluntary action. Free will is assumed to be that which can be freely invoked in the midst of apathy, and which can compel a disobedient body to action.

However, such a dictionary definition may not be enough to make sense. Let's look at apathy as a metaphor. What is lethargy? If we think of a human being as an automobile, lethargy may be compared to running out of petrol. When you run out of petrol, you can't move any more, unless you refuel from outside. But you may think that this is an inappropriate analogy. You might think that man is capable of taking action under his own power, unlike the car. Well, that's certainly a sensible way of looking at it. But, of course, just because something is a common sense decision doesn't mean that it is always the right one. In fact, it is a self-contradiction to say that it is up to us to steer ourselves, and in this case, we need to assume a supernatural power that can start the engine in the face of any lethargy. And that very supernatural power, which can start the engine in any lethargy, is what we call free will, and which is philosophically unsupportable.

A Mathematical Model of "How Many People Believe in Free Will"
With regard to free will, we can ask not only whether it exists, but also how many people in the world believe in its existence. Mathematical models, such as infectious disease models, may provide insights in this regard. In the following, we use a simple mathematical model to describe the dynamics of the proportion of people who believe in or deny free will, and briefly investigate the properties of the model. However, to be honest, this is not a realistic model, but rather a "toy" mathematical model that we play with, giving meaning to variables with interpretations such as "the number of people who believe in free will". So let's play with it.

188:Easterlies:2022/03/02(水) 13:53

Model 1
For simplicity, we assume that all people are either free will affirmers or deniers, and denote the number of free will affirmers by x and the number of deniers by y. Our goal is to build a model that governs the change in the number of people x and y over time, under appropriate assumptions, and to understand its behavior. We then assume that people are born free will positive. We also assume that each free-will positivist has a probability of becoming a free-will negativist of \alpha per unit time. Let us assume that this probability does not depend on the number of free will deniers, y. This corresponds, for example, to the situation where a denialist can argue to a positive denialist that free will does not exist, but will not be understood. Furthermore, we assume that once you become a free will denialist, you will never return to being a free will affirmative. This may be a rather unfair argument, but we can think of a situation in which one comes to the conclusion that free will does not exist, and is convinced that it is true. Of course, if we wanted to, we could create a model in which, on the contrary, a person who has been misled by the whispers of the devil into denying free will is converted back into a pro-free will person. Now, assuming the above, we can write down the following differential equation \dot{x}=-\alpha x,\qquad \dot{y}=\alpha x. where the dot represents the derivative with time t. Note that the number of free-will deniers decreases as the number of free-will supporters increases, so that the combined number of people, N, is kept constant: \frac \displaystyle \frac{\mathrm{d}}{\mathrm{d}t}(x+y)=0,\qquad x+y=\mathrm{const}=N. At this point, the number of free-will proponents decreases exponentially, and after about 1/\alpha time, free-will deniers make up the majority of the population: x x=x_0e^{-\alpha t},\qquad y=N-x_0e^{-\alpha t}. This result means that eventually (or after infinite time) everyone will be a free will denialist. This is what we would expect from the way the model is set up.

Model 2 (Introduction)
Now, for a more non-trivial result, consider the births and deaths of people. How does the number of affirmers and deniers change if the generational change takes place before everyone becomes a free will deniers? In the following, we introduce the number of people born per unit of time β. This has the same dimension as the parameter α, which is the reciprocal of time. Given that we have already assumed that people are born free will affirmers, we consider this number β to be the increase in the number of free will affirmers. If we consider a model in which the total number of people in the system is constant, then this same number of people must die in a unit of time. In this case, it is natural to assign the number of people β to each death, according to the ratio of the number of free will affirmers to the number of deniers x,y at each time. The equation of the model can thus be extended as follows \displaystyle \dot{x}=-\alpha x+\beta-\beta \frac{x}{x+y},\qquad \dot{y}=\alpha x-\beta \frac{y}{x+y}.

189:Easterlies:2022/03/02(水) 13:53

A way of looking at differential equations
In order to understand qualitatively the evolution of the number of people x,y according to this equation, we introduce a way of looking at the differential equation. If we consider a point (x,y) in the xy-plane whose coordinates are the values of x,y at each time, this point moves in the xy-plane with time. Identifying the motion of this moving point corresponds to understanding the behaviour of the solution of the differential equation. The above equation gives the velocity (\dot{x},\dot{y}) that the point under consideration has at position (x,y). Since this is defined at any position (x,y), it forms a velocity field (in this case it is a stationary, i.e. time-invariant field). If we can draw the velocity field in the xy-plane, we can qualitatively understand the motion of the moving point as follows. That is, if the moving point is at position \bm{r}_0 at the initial time, then given the velocity \bm{v}(\bm{r}_0) at that position, the position after a small time \varDelta t is \bm{r}(\varDelta t)=\bm{r}_0+ \bm{v}(\bm{r}_0) \varDelta t which is determined as follows. In this way, the position of the kinematic point at a later time is also determined sequentially.

Model 2 (Results)
Now, let's apply the above to our current model. The velocity vector field in the xy-plane will look like the one below. Note that the total number of people, N, is determined by the initial conditions and that the moving point moves on the line x+y=N. The vector field follows this group of lines and is directed towards the intersection of the red line in the diagram and the line where the number of people is constant. The coordinates of the intersection point are \displaystyle x=\frac{\beta N}{\alpha N+\beta},\qquad y=\frac{\alpha N^2}{\alpha N+\beta} and we can see that the number of people x and y will settle down to this value after a long enough time. The ratio of free will affirmers to deniers is then x:y=β:α N So we can see that the ratio of free will deniers to the total population increases as \alpha and total population N increase, and as the generational "metabolism" β decreases. As one would expect, setting β=0 gives a ratio of 0:1, which is consistent with the results of the original model.

Phase diagram of the number of positive arguments for free will (x) and the number of negative arguments (y). Here we set α=1 and β=3, and we draw the line x+y=N=4 (blue) and the set of fixed points (red).

Palindrome
Fallen Spinoza's Pistachio (Japanese: Ochita Supinoza no Pisutachio)

Ghosts and free will
A "I wonder if ghosts really exist".
B "Of course not".
A "Then don't we have free will?"
B "Of course we do".

Magic and Free Will
Magic is a kind of freedom, in the sense that it enables us to do things that are normally considered impossible. However, the exercise of freedom is often subject to a number of constraints. In fact, to take an oft-mentioned example, the freedom to use language comes at the price of the inconvenience of being bound by a number of complex rules, such as grammar. On the other hand, if you watch Harry Potter, you will see that magic also has rules and mechanisms. If you don't cast a spell correctly, the spell can misfire, leading to accidents. Given these circumstances, magic is similar to free will in that it is supernatural, but being able to use magic is not a matter of doing what you want, as in the exercise of free will, but rather closer to the Spinoza philosophy of activeness and 'freedom as necessity'.

About "nothing more, nothing less"
Precisely, everything is both greater than and less than. Note that this is true for any real number a, since a≥a implies a>a or a=a. In English, it is nothing more, nothing less, which is correct because it does not contain an equal sign.

190:Easterlies:2022/03/02(水) 13:55

Ability is part of your luck
It is said that "luck is part of your ability", but it is true that "ability is part of your luck". Even if we could define what we could call "ability", there is no free will to acquire as much ability as we want. There is a book, which I learned later, called “Ability is part of your luck (original title: The Tyranny of Merit: What's Become of the Common Good?)" (Sandel).

The antonym of phenomenon is...
The antonym for phenomenon is essence, which may be thought of as the essence of physics. Or as I see it, the antonym of phenomenon is physics. Essence and phenomenon may be thought of as corresponding to substance and form respectively in Spinoza's philosophy.

Science without faith?
At the heart of the scientific worldview, and physics in particular, is the metaphysical idea that "everything is inevitable". However, its correctness is not proved by science, and science can be discussed separately from philosophy and religion. Nevertheless, can we any longer find meaning in a "pure" science that is separated from philosophy and religion? Even if we are familiar with such a faithless science and physics, it would be like saying "I have studied physics, but in the end I don't believe in the laws of physics, and I believe that they can be easily broken by human free will" (though I don't think that is a bad thing). Such a non-religious view of science can only degenerate into the nonsense that, on the one hand, recognises the search for universal natural laws as an intellectual attitude, but, on the other hand, says that natural laws do not always have to be true. Such a question is probably shared by Einstein's thinking.

A religious worldview is more coherent (Freud)
Freud criticises those who try to dismiss misbehaviour, such as misspoken words, as mere coincidence. The following remarks are equally applicable to those who do not doubt the existence of free will.

What does he mean by this? Is he going to argue that there are trivial events that may or may not be out of the continuum of events in the world? If you break the determinism of the natural world in this way, even at any one point, you are abandoning the academic worldview. You can point out to him how much more coherent is the religious worldview which declares that not a single sparrow will fall from a roof unless God's will is at work. (Freud, 2019, Introduction to Psychoanalysis (translated by Katsumi Kaketa), Chuokoron Shinsha, Tokyo, 33.)

Of course, as I have already said many times, the introduction of chance and non-determinism does not help to save free will in any way.

191:Easterlies:2022/03/03(木) 14:34

"Strength of will" as an example of self-promotion
A job-hunting support site introduces example sentences for an entry sheet. The first sentence of the self-promotion is "My strength is that I have a strong will to carry through with the decisions I make" (https://job.mynavi.jp/conts/2022/es_perfect/study/#anc02). Needless to say, the ability to get things done cannot be simply attributed to personal characteristics such as "strength of will". Nor can the will be a purely subjective, voluntary, and active capacity to initiate action for which one can be held accountable. Nevertheless, modern society considers the will as absolute and elevates it to the status of free will. Of course, it may be short-sighted to say that this example is proof of modern society's blind faith in the will, but isn't it suggestive and symbolic of the importance modern society places on things like "will", "decision" and "choice"?

If we dare to write an example sentence that clearly denies free will without being caught up in this trend, it would be something like the following

Self-promotion (fictional)
I have studied physics. I have always had doubts and opposition to the ideology that humans have free will and to the claim that "this is how people and the world should be", and I think that physics, which simply tries to understand how the world is, is a good match for me.

Motivation (fictional)
The idea that humans have free will is the dominant ideology that pervades modern society, and education is a typical place where free will is sought as a supernatural ability to motivate. However, I believe that learning is achieved through necessity, as in "I study because I like it". I hope to contribute to such a paradigm shift through my work in education.

Empty the mind and one pitch of consecration?
Sophisticated movements are achieved by the unconscious mind, which in turn is seen to be in free control of one's body. In sports, therefore, the mind must be absent and the movements must be put into the unconscious. However, slogans such as "One pitch of consecration" ("One shot of consecration" in Kyudo) seem to point in the opposite direction.

192:Easterlies:2022/03/04(金) 04:46

OC2(h), about 2 hours ago.

193:Easterlies:2022/03/04(金) 11:59

I woke up surprisingly early.

194:Easterlies:2022/03/05(土) 11:30

I woke up 45 minutes ago.

195:Easterlies:2022/03/06(日) 17:48

What is Colombin?

Wikipedia: It’s a confectionery company of French pastries, mainly shortcakes, cookies and Harajuku baked chocolates, with its head office in Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo and its main shop in Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo.

DeepL: It’s turd.

196:Easterlies:2022/03/07(月) 21:35

Swimming in a sea of arbitrariness...

197:Easterlies:2022/03/09(水) 01:38

In the aftermath of heartbreak after Karuta, estimated to be 21.5 hours ago.

198:Easterlies:2022/03/10(木) 13:37

UGftNC, about 15 minutes ago.

199:Easterlies:2022/03/10(木) 14:16

Unless otherwise noted, Uncensored Girl from the North Country (abbreviated UGftNC or UGNC) refers to creampie.

200:Easterlies:2022/03/12(土) 05:32

OC2(h)

続きを読む 全部 <<前 次100> 最新30 ▲上へ
名前 メモ
画像お絵かき長文/一行モード自動更新